Monday, September 14, 2009

Rushing Seasons

{Just a quick break here from our series of Honoring our Future Husbands... but we'll be wrapping that up soon with a few last posts there. Abigail and I are both in a mode of trying to get our lives and schedules organized and figuring out how all of our responsibilities fit into our daily lives. But we are hoping to get into a regular
posting rutine with some special treats coming up!}

Fall is practically here as the leaves are starting to show hints of yellow and my long sleeve shirts are making a return to my wardrobe as well as trusty hoodies and sweaters. There is something about fall that I just love... maybe it's because I live in a place when in late September and early October you are surrounded with the most brilliant colors everywhere you look. And of course fall brings with it the routine of school which started for my family a few weeks ago.

I'm a freshman in highschool now and my feelings are quite odd about this... on one hand I've always felt like those in high school were so old and those "big kids" yet now I'm here and I still feel like the little kid. On the other hand, I feel like I'm already beyond high school in a way... we brought my brother down to college a few weeks ago which made me desperately want to go off to college myself. I've always loved something new and exciting and independence is strong within me.

But I am reminded to not rush the seasons of life, where God has put me. Right now, my job is to be a freshman in high school, not college. Just like it does a person no good to try to turn summer into fall in July, it does no good for me to try to make myself older or rush life. Because once it's gone... it's gone and there is no turning back. You only go through high school once, and though I often scoff the "high school experience", I'm looking forward for all the things to come during high school. From getting my licence and being in plays with my friends to getting a job and challenging myself academically.

Above all I'm going to enjoy it to the best of my ability. It's so easy to always be looking with excitement to what's ahead and longing for that, rather then enjoying the time you have in your season of life. Whether you are in high school and long for college, or in college and long to be married, or married and long for children, or have children and long for grandchildren... whatever it may be, enjoy it.

Slow down and cherish it because one day you'll look back and your life will be almost gone. If we live our lives always waiting for and day dreaming about the next thing but not living life, we will find that the years have passed on us without us realizing. Let us just enjoy life and make the most out of what God has given us.

"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
a time to tear, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace."
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

3 comments:

  1. great post!!! can't wait for future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a good post. I have to say I am in my 30's and I still love pulling out my hoodies! Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. Oh and I totally know where you are coming from about the pink. I think I am an earthy but girly girl. Your blog is beautiful!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, everyone should enjoy every season of their lives and not rush on to the next without savouring every minute!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate all your comments, even those that disagree with us but we do ask you that you put your disagreements in a respectful and courteous way. Please do not leave them anonymous but at least sign your first name. Thank you very much! God bless!