Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Dream Man

The world has it’s version of a “dream guy”. From Prince Charming and Ken (the doll) to the Jonas Brothers and Brad Pitt, our culture swoons at these figures and compares all men to them. Most girls dream from the first time they watched Cinderella to find their Prince Charming and be swept off their feet as he takes them back to their castle. Or they dream of riding off into the sunset in a very nice (red) convertible with Ken. Or, if you are a true romantic, you dream of someday becoming “Mrs. Darcy”

As a Christian, what do we look for as a “dream guy”? Do we keep with the “tall, dark, and handsome” list with a little morals and values tacked on? What is a biblical way to look at this? Well I want to introduce you to the manly equivalent on a Proverbs 31 woman; the Job 29 man.

God called Job a righteous man without any fault and this is what Job says about his life, “I delivered the poor who cried for help, and the fatherless who had none to help Him. The blessing of him who was about to perish came upon me, and I caused the widow’s heart to sing for joy. I put on righteousness, and it clothed me; my justice was like a robe and a turban. I was eyes to the blind and feet to the lame. I was a father to the needy, and I searched out the cause of him whom I did not know. I broke the fangs of the unrighteous and made him drop his prey from his teeth.” Now that is what I call a “dream guy”, at least in my mind.

When thinking of this subject the other night some great men came to my mind. What if there was a man with King David's heart of worship, Daniel's courage, Paul and Peter's boldness, Isaiah's willingness, Stephen's readiness to die, John's lovingkindness, Solomon's wisdom, Noah's faith, and the Boaz's redeeming awesomeness all in one? Now THAT would be a true dream man. Of course the only one with all of the admirable qualities of these men and none of the flaws is Jesus.

In essence, the dream man is Jesus Christ. He is the perfect man who is not someone we only read about in the Bible, but we are in a beautiful romance with. He is our Prince Charming and the light of our life. Or at least He should be. Girls, we are offered to be a part of the most beautiful romance in history with the most handsome and wonderful Prince to ever walk the earth. He will fulfill all of our needs and is the only one who can make our lives complete.

Earthly romance is a wonderful thing and a blessing from God. But for us as young women we should be concerned with one love, one romance. That amazing romance we are given with Jesus Christ. He is to be the love of our life and passion of our souls. for we have a "dream guy" that loves us enough to even die for us! What beauty that holds! All we have to do now is let Him become our handsome prince.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you girls are on the right track. The day will come when the right man for you will come along. The one God has chosen. He will be the one who is seeking to be like your "Dream Man". He will be flawed because he is human, but there is nothing like a man who has his priorities strait. The ones who seek to be like the Messiah, and to serve Him above all else.

    Blessings Always

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivia, I liked this post. I wrote a poem about True Romance. This poem came to me as I thought about Valentine's Day and how people long for romance. Everyone can have true love and never be lonely again if they will simply surrender to the Masters call and give their hearts to Him.

    Romance

    I’ve felt the music in my heart
    My feet have done the dance
    My life’s been taken to extremes
    As I have found romance

    Nothing has remained the same
    Everything is new
    The sunlight has a brighter sheen
    The grass now glistens with the dew

    The air feels fresher as I breathe
    The rose has fragrance sweet and rare
    My senses now feel sharp and keen
    My heart has been made free from care

    I once was broken and cast down
    My face was so forlorn
    My hopes were dashed, my dreams had died
    My faith from me was torn

    But now my soul sings happy tunes
    As down the path I trod
    Romance has been a gift to me
    And brought me close to God

    Who knows me better than the one
    That wooed me with his love?
    He laid his life down for my sake
    And gave me new life through his blood

    I first resisted his sweet call
    And wrestled with my fears
    But he romanced me with his love
    And I accepted through my tears

    And soon he’ll whisk me far away
    To mansions in the sky
    I will his bride forever be
    And never leave his side

    Romance may seem a silly word ….
    But I can tell you true
    This same romance can change your life
    And make you feel brand new!

    By Linda Hogeland ~~~Feb. 2009

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always so encouraging to find out that there are other young women who have similar convictions as my family does. Thank you very much for posting your thoughts on waiting for a godly husband. God bless!

    In Christ,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate all your comments, even those that disagree with us but we do ask you that you put your disagreements in a respectful and courteous way. Please do not leave them anonymous but at least sign your first name. Thank you very much! God bless!